My instant pot chicken burritos are super tasty, ready in one pot and just as good as your chipotle favourites.
Instant pot chicken burritos
My instant pot chicken burritos are super tasty, ready in one pot and just as good as your chipotle favourites.Print Pin Rate
- 300 g Rice (long grain or basmati)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped) Red or white will be good.
- 5 cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Jalapeno (roughly chopped
- 1 Whole Pepper (roughly chopped) Any colour (bell pepper).
- 2 tsp Chili powder I used mild.
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Smoked would also work
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Season to taste
- 700 g Chicken (cut into small pieces) Thigh or breast will both work well.
- 400 g Black beans (tinned) Drained.
- 200 g Sweetcorn (tinned)
- 200 g Salsa
- 300 ml Chicken stock Water or vegetable stock would also be good.
- 1 Whole Lime
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse until the water becomes clear. Leave to drain.
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute.
- When the oil is hot add the onion and fry for around 3 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic and pepper before adding all the spices. Season to taste.
- Add the chicken and roughly brown. Now add the rice, black beans, sweetcorn, salsa and stock. Stir well together.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for 10 more minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Remove the lid, add the juice of the lime and stir together.
- Serve in tortillas or bowls with your favourite toppings.
We served ours with sour cream, guacamole, coriander, cheese and extra lime. They were so much easier and quicker to make than having to do everything separately like with normal burritos. We loved them and I'm sure you will too.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 1033mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 586IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg
Leave a Reply