Welcome to my recipe for instant pot crack chicken. An American classic, but here served with ingredients you can find anywhere.
Instant pot crack chicken
Welcome to my recipe for instant pot crack chicken. An American classic, but here served with ingredients you can find anywhere.Print Pin Rate
- 900 g Chicken breast
- 225 g Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Ranch seasoning mix Either from a packet or see the recipe below.
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce I used Frank's - optional.
- 125 ml Chicken stock
- 225 g Bacon (diced) I used smoked.
- 125 g Cheese (grated) I used cheddar.
- Add the chicken and cream cheese to the pot. Now add the ranch seasoning, hot sauce if using and chicken stock.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, dice the bacon and fry until desired crispiness is reached. Set aside.
- When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 6 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Once the pin has dropped, remove the lid and then remove the chicken. Shred the chicken using 2 forks or a mixer.
- Whisk the cheese into the liquid in the instant pot and then add back the chicken and bacon.
- Mix together and allow to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 1134mg | Potassium: 726mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 1mg
I served mine on part baked bread rolls with a side salad, but you could serve on hamburger buns, over rice or even baked potatoes.
Crack chicken is a great keto choice and you could then serve it with either a big salad or over cauliflower rice.
For a homemade ranch dressing, mix 4tbsb dried milk powder, 2 tbsp dried parsley, 2 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp dried chives, 1 tsp dried garlic, 1 tsp celery seeds, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp white pepper, ½ tsp dried dill and ½ tsp paprika. This should give a result similar to a ready-mixed ranch dressing and it will keep well in a sealed container.
Leave a Reply