Welcome to my recipe for instant pot crack chicken. An American classic, but here served with ingredients you can find anywhere.
Instant pot crack chicken
- 900 g Chicken breast
- 225 g Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Ranch seasoning mix Either from a packet or see the recipe below.
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce I used Frank's - optional.
- 125 ml Chicken stock
- 225 g Bacon (diced) I used smoked.
- 125 g Cheese (grated) I used cheddar.
- Add the chicken and cream cheese to the pot. Now add the ranch seasoning, hot sauce if using and chicken stock.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, dice the bacon and fry until desired crispiness is reached. Set aside.
- When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 6 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Once the pin has dropped, remove the lid and then remove the chicken. Shred the chicken using 2 forks or a mixer.
- Whisk the cheese into the liquid in the instant pot and then add back the chicken and bacon.
- Mix together and allow to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy.
I served mine on part baked bread rolls with a side salad, but you could serve on hamburger buns, over rice or even baked potatoes.
Crack chicken is a great keto choice and you could then serve it with either a big salad or over cauliflower rice.
For a homemade ranch dressing, mix 4tbsb dried milk powder, 2 tbsp dried parsley, 2 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp dried chives, 1 tsp dried garlic, 1 tsp celery seeds, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp white pepper, ½ tsp dried dill and ½ tsp paprika. This should give a result similar to a ready-mixed ranch dressing and it will keep well in a sealed container.