My instant pot chocolate cake is really easy to make and very rich. It will be denser than an oven-baked cake, but equally delicious.
Instant pot chocolate cake
My instant pot chocolate cake is really easy to make and very rich. It will be denser than an oven-baked cake, but equally delicious.Print Pin Rate
- 75 g Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsb Baking soda
- 175 g Flour (plain or all-purpose)
- 150 g Brown sugar
- 100 g Butter (melted)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 100 ml Sour cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 75 ml Water (warm)
- Grease a 15cm (7-inch) springform tin with butter and add parchment paper to the base if available.
- Add the cocoa, baking soda, flour and sugar to a bowl. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl melt the butter in the microwave and then add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract and water. Whisk together with an electric whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together until well combined.
- Add the mixture to the springform tin and spread out evenly. Cover the tin with tin foil.
- Add 200ml of cold water to the instant pot and then put the trivet in place.
- Make a sling using foil and put the springform tin into the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set at manual, high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Allow to remain under pressure for around 15 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the springform tin using the sling.
- Serve and enjoy!
I made this recipe during the lockdown period of the coronavirus outbreak. I didn't have any tin foil to cover the cake, however baking paper with an elastic band worked just as well. I couldn't buy any vanilla essence either but substituted with the seeds of half a vanilla pod instead. I frosted my cake using a mixture of butter, icing (powdered) sugar, cocoa powder, double (heavy) cream and vanilla, but it would also be great served warm with cream or ice cream. Alternatively, simply sprinkle with icing sugar.
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg
Your instant pot chocolate cake really looked good in your picture, and it sounds really easy to make. I have not entered the instant pot world yet, but it is definitely on my wish list. Besides the denser cake when baking is done, was there anything else that you noticed?
Thanks for your great recipe, Sami
Hi Sami, The cake is more like a fudge cake. It was really delicious and all my family loved it.