My instant pot pad Thai is a really simple and delicious recipe with guaranteed perfect results every time.
Instant pot pad Thai
My instant pot pad Thai is a really simple and delicious recipe with guaranteed perfect results every time.Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil Olive or other vegetable oil would also work.
- 454 g Chicken breast (chopped into cubes)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 25 g Ginger (finely chopped) fresh, use around a thumb-sized piece Powdered would also work. Use 1 tsp.
- 150 ml Soy sauce
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce Other hot sauces would be ok.
- 100 g Peanut butter
- 500 g Spaghetti (dried) Whole wheat would also be good.
- 800 ml Chicken stock Water would also be fine.
- 1 Small Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Medium Pepper (roughly chopped) Any colour.
- 200 g Mange tout Sugar snap peas would also be good.
- 2 Medium Carrots (Grated)
- 4 Spring onions (roughly chopped) - green onions
- 1 Bunch Coriander (cilantro) To garnish.
- 1 Handful Salted peanuts (chopped) To garnish.
- Add the oil to the instant pot and set to saute. When the oil is hot add the chicken and roughly brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the instant pot.
- Add the soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, sriracha and peanut butter. Stir well to combine.
- Break the spaghetti in half and layer over the sauce. Push the spaghetti down into the sauce.
- Add the chicken stock and then put the lid on the instant pot. Set on high pressure for 4 minutes
- Leave under pressure for a further 4 minutes and then perform a quick release. Remove the lid and tease apart any spaghetti that is stuck together (I used a fork).
- Add the cabbage, pepper, mange tout, carrots and spring onions. Stir well and put the lid on the instant pot for around 5 minutes to cook the vegetables.
- Remove the lid and stir thoroughly. Serve topped with chopped cilantro and peanuts.
I made the video for this recipe during the coronavirus outbreak and couldn't source any spring (green) onions. I used a small red onion instead and this worked really well.
Calories: 728kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 2000mg | Potassium: 1229mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 4689IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 4mg