My instant pot lamb rogan josh is delicious and one of the easiest curries you will ever make.
Instant pot lamb rogan josh
My instant pot lamb rogan josh is delicious and one of the easiest curries you will ever make.Print Pin Rate
- 750 g Lamb (diced)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 100 g Greek yoghurt (full fat) Natural yoghurt would also be good.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped) Red or white.
- 1 tbsp Ginger (around a thumb-sized piece roughly chopped) Dried ginger would be fine - use 1 tsp.
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Paprika Smoked paprika would also be fine.
- 2 tsp Chili powder I used mild.
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 5 pods Cardamon (whole)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee Butter, olive oil or vegetable oil would also be fine.
- 1 Bunch Coriander - fresh (cilantro) To serve.
- Add all the ingredients except the ghee and fresh coriander to a large bowl. Mix well to combine (your hands are the best tool for this).
- Cover and leave to marinade - preferably overnight, but ideally for at least 1 hour.
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the ghee. Once it's hot add the contents of the bowl. Fry for around five minutes whilst stirring regularly.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 22 minutes. leave under pressure for a further 22 minutes before carefully removing the lid. Simmer until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with the fresh coriander and enjoy.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 310mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 489IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg