My instant pot lamb rogan josh is delicious and one of the easiest curries you will ever make.
Instant pot lamb rogan josh
My instant pot lamb rogan josh is delicious and one of the easiest curries you will ever make.Print Pin Rate
- 750 g Lamb (diced)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 100 g Greek yoghurt (full fat) Natural yoghurt would also be good.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped) Red or white.
- 1 tbsp Ginger (around a thumb-sized piece roughly chopped) Dried ginger would be fine - use 1 tsp.
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Paprika Smoked paprika would also be fine.
- 2 tsp Chili powder I used mild.
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 5 pods Cardamon (whole)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee Butter, olive oil or vegetable oil would also be fine.
- 1 Bunch Coriander - fresh (cilantro) To serve.
- Add all the ingredients except the ghee and fresh coriander to a large bowl. Mix well to combine (your hands are the best tool for this).
- Cover and leave to marinade - preferably overnight, but ideally for at least 1 hour.
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the ghee. Once it's hot add the contents of the bowl. Fry for around five minutes whilst stirring regularly.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 22 minutes. leave under pressure for a further 22 minutes before carefully removing the lid. Simmer until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with the fresh coriander and enjoy.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 310mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 489IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg
I enjoyed reading your article and watching your video. Your instructions are very clear and the video will help even the inexperienced cook to prepare this dish. My family does not like spices too much, but I will try for myself because I love Indian cuisine. Thanks for a great recipe.
Thanks Angleika. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Salivating all through as I read your recipe mmmh! so yummy. The instant pot lamb rogan josh looks so rich and delicious. More amazing is the fact that it takes such a short time to prepare. Traditionally it would take hours on the stove top. THANKS for sharing this awesome recipe. Cheers!
Thanks and I hope you will enjoy.