My instant pot sausage pasta is another great midweek meal option. Simple and quick to make and fully approved by my family.
Instant pot sausage pasta
My instant pot sausage pasta is another great midweek meal option. Simple and quick to make and fully approved by my family.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Olive oil Vegetable or coconut oil would also be ok.
- 454 g Sausage (good quality)
- 1 Medium Onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Pepper (roughly chopped) Any colour.
- 1 Medium Carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp Basil (dried)
- 1 tsp Parsley (dried)
- Season to taste
- 200 ml White wine Optional. If not using use 200ml extra stock.
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 500 g Dried pasta
- 700 ml Vegetable stock Chicken stock would also be good.
- 50 g Mozzarella (roughly chopped)
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute. When the oil is hot add the sausages and roughly brown.
- Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes (deglaze the pot if necessary).
- Now add the garlic, pepper and carrot followed by the dried herbs.
- Season to taste and then add the wine if using. Cook for a couple of minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the Worcester sauce, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, pasta and stock. Stir well together and deglaze the pot again if required.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the mozzarella.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1133mg | Potassium: 724mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2244IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg