My instant pot buffalo chicken is a great recipe for a tasty dinner and only has 4 ingredients. Really versatile with lots of different ways to serve.
Instant pot buffalo chicken
- Instant pot
- 150 ml Franks buffalo hot sauce
- 100 ml Water
- 908 g Chicken breast Thigh will also work - just add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
- 2 tbsp Butter I used salted
Pot in pot rice
- 300 g Long grain rice I used basmati
- 500 ml Water (cold)
- If doing pot in pot rice, rinse the rice for around 2 minutes until the water runs clear. Put it in a container which is safe to use in the instant pot and set aside.
- Add the hot sauce and water to the inner pot followed by the chicken. Put the butter on top.
- Add the tall trivet to the instant pot and then add the rice. Now add the cold water to your rice.
- Set on high pressure for 10 minutes and when the time is up, leave under pressure for another 10 minutes before doing a quick release.
- When the pin drops, remove the lid followed by the rice and trivet.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Serve over the rice and enjoy.
I served mine with the pot in pot rice rice and also with crispy tacos and guacamole with a big green salad.
For some information about the origin of buffalo chicken, please click here.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot buffalo chicken, please take a look at some of my other great instant pot meals:
- Instant pot chicken ziti
- Instant pot chicken jalfrezi
- Quick easy instant pot spaghetti
- Instant pot roast beef po boy
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.