Welcome to my recipe for instant pot jambalaya. Packed with cajun taste and ready in around 30 minutes. Perfect!
Instant pot jambalaya
Welcome to my recipe for instant pot jambalaya. Packed with cajun taste and ready in around 30 minutes. Perfect!Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 454 g Smoked sausage (chopped)
- 227 g Chicken breast (diced)
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 3 Stalks Celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Pepper (bell pepper) - roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning Preferably green.
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried)
- Season to taste
- 325 g Long grain rice
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 400 ml Chicken stock
- 227 g Prawns (shrimp) I used frozen.
- 3 Whole Spring onions (green onions) - chopped
- Set the pot to saute and add half of the oil. When the oil is hot add the sausage and brown for around 5 minutes. Remove the sausages and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil followed by the chicken. Cook until browned whilst scraping up any remaining sausage.
- Now add the onion, garlic, pepper and celery followed by the cajun seasoning and thyme.
- Season to taste and then add the rice, tomatoes and stock. Stir well and deglaze the pot if necessary.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 6 minutes. When the time is up leave under pressure for another 6 minutes before doing a quick release.
- When the pin drops remove the lid and stir together. Add the sausages, prawns (shrimp) and spring (green) onions. Stir well together and then put the lid back on until the sausages and prawns are heated through (around 5 minutes).
- Remove the lid, serve and enjoy!
Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 1184mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 834IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 4mg
If you have trouble with the dreaded burn notice, add the tomatoes after stirring in the stock, but do not stir the tomatoes.
For some interesting history of jambalaya, please click here.
I hope you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot jambalaya. Please take a look at some of my other rice-based recipes:
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.
Leave a Reply