Welcome to my recipe for instant pot roast beef po boy. The classic Louisianna sub with gorgeous succulent beef.
Instant pot roast beef po boy
Welcome to my recipe for instant pot roast beef po boy. The classic Louisianna sub with gorgeous succulent beef.Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter (split in half) I used salted.
- 1.4 Kg Braising steak (chuck roast)
- Season to taste
- 2 Whole Onions (roughly chopped)
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Whole Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 600 ml Beef stock (broth)
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- Set the pot to saute and add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the butter.
- Season the steak and when the oil is hot, sear it on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and then the onions. Fry until the onions are softened (around 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic, bay leaves cajun seasoning, Worcester sauce and stock to the pot. Deglaze if necessary before adding the meat back in.
- Put the lid on and set on high pressure for 50 minutes. When the time is up, leave under pressure for a further 15 minutes and then do a quick release if necessary.
- When the pin has dropped, remove the lid followed by the meat.
- Set the pot to saute and remove around 6 tbsp of liquid to a small bowl containing the cornstarch. Mix together and then stir back into the pot together with the salt.
- Whilst the gravy is thickening, shred the beef using a mixer or 2 forks.
- Once the gravy has thickened, add around a quarter of it back to the meat and save the rest for dipping you're sandwiches.
- Add the meat to French bread (or a hoagie sub in the US) and add your desired garnish (usually sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and pickles). Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 622kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 808mg | Potassium: 1058mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 770IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 6mg
For some interesting information about the origins of po boy, please click here.
I hope you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot roast beef po boy. Please take a look at some of my other recipes:
- Instant pot Philly cheese steak
- Instant pot chicken ziti
- Quick easy instant pot spaghetti
- Instant pot chicken jalfrezi
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.
Leave a Reply