My instant pot cauliflower korma recipe is a delicious, creamy and easy vegetarian option. Restaurant quality and fully kid approved!
The recipe can also easily be made vegan by replacing the ghee with vegetable ghee or coconut oil and replacing the cream with coconut milk.
Instant pot cauliflower korma
- 3 tbsp Ghee Vegetable oil would also be OK.
- 2 Medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 6 Whole Cardomam pods
- 1 tbsp Ginger (about a thumb-sized piece - roughly chopped)
- 1 Bunch Coriander (cilantro) stalks (roughly chopped)
- ½ tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp Chili powder I used mild.
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Whole Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- Season to taste
- 250 ml Vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 100 g Ground almonds
- 200 ml Double cream
- 50 g Flaked almonds (toasted)
- 1 Bunch Coriander to garnish (cilantro)
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the ghee.
- When the ghee is hot add the onion and fry until softened (around 10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, cloves, cardamom, ginger and coriander stalks. Fry for another minute.
- Now add all the other spices followed by the cauliflower. Season to taste.
- Add the stock and stir everything together. Now add the tomato puree, but DO NOT STIR.
- Put the lid on the instant pot. Set on low pressure for 1 minute.
- Do a quick release and when the pin drops, remove the lid.
- Set the pot to saute and add the ground almonds and cream. Bring to the boil and then serve with a garnish of toasted flaked almonds and coriander.
To make toasted almonds, just put them on a baking tray in the oven at around 150c (300f) for around 1 minute. Remove them when they are gently browned (be careful as they turn fairly quickly).
I served mine with rice, but obviously, you would have to omit this if you want the recipe to be keto.
I hope you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot cauliflower korma. Please take a look at some of my other vegetarian and curry recipes:
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.
Leave a Reply