My Instant pot beef bourguignon is an amazing copy of the french classic. Tender fall apart beef in a rich red wine gravy - perfection!
Instant pot beef bourguignon
My Instant pot beef bourguignon is an amazing copy of the french classic. Tender fall apart beef in a rich red wine gravy - perfection!Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Sunflower or rapeseed oil (canola)
- 908 g Stewing beef (chuck) - diced
- 6 Rashers Smoked bacon (diced)
- 2 Whole Onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 3 Whole Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- Season to taste
- 350 ml Red wine
- 350 ml Beef stock
- 4 Whole Carrots (roughly chopped)
- 454 g Baby potatoes
- 227 g Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Set the pot to saute and add the oil. When the oil is hot add the beef and brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the beef and set aside.
- Add the bacon and onion and fry until the bacon is browned (add a little extra oil if necessary).
- Add the beef back to the pot followed by the garlic, bayleaf and thyme. Season to taste.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil. Thoroughly deglaze the pot.
- Now add the stock, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms.
- Stir together and put the lid on the pot. Set on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 15 minutes and then do a quick release if necessary.
- Set the pot to saute. Add the cornflour to a small bowl and mix in around 5 tbsp of liquid from the pot. Mix back into the pot and bring back to the boil.
- Allow the sauce to thicken (this should take around 4 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 1202mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 231IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 5mg
To make the recipe keto-friendly, just leave out the potatoes.
For some interesting history relating to beef bourguignon, please click here.
I hope you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot beef bourguignon. Please take a look at some of my other great beef recipes:
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.
Leave a Reply