My instant pot tomato and cheese pasta is probably the easiest weeknight meal you will ever make. Dump and go, vegetarian and full of taste.
To make the recipe vegan, simply use vegan cheese and pasta. Cooking times will remain the same.
Instant pot tomato and cheese pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 800 g Tinned tomatoes
- 700 ml Water (cold)
- Season to taste
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 150 g Spinach
- 500 g Pasta (I used penne)
- 225 g Grated cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1 bunch Fresh basil to garnish
- Add all of the ingredients up to the pasta into the pot and stir together.
- Put the lid on and set on high pressure for 4 minutes. When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- When the pin drops, remove the lid and stir in the cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and the sauce to thicken (this should take about 2 minutes).
- Serve garnished with basil and enjoy.
I hope you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot tomato and cheese pasta. Please take a look at some of my other great vegetarian and vegan recipes:
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.