Welcome to my recipe for instant pot Dan Dan noodles. Full of taste and Sichuan spice. Much healthier than take away too.
Instant pot Dan Dan noodles
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 500 g Pork mince
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Peanut butter
- 3 tbsp White rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sriracha Other hot sauces will also work well.
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Ginger (roughly chopped) About a thumb sized piece.
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 Whole Cinnamon stick
- 200 ml Water (cold)
- 300 g Stir fry vegetables
- 500 g Dried noodles
- 150 g Peanuts (crushed) To garnish.
- 3 Whole Spring (green) onions (roughly chopped) To garnish.
- Set the pot to saute and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mince and roughly brown.
- Add all of the other ingredients up to and including water. Stir well together and then put the lid on the instant pot.
- Set on high pressure for 4 minutes. Whilst the pork mixture is cooking, prepare the noodles and cook as per the packet instructions.
- When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release. Once the pin drops, remove the lid and stir everything together.
- Set the pot to saute and add the stir fry vegetables. Allow to heat through for around 2 minutes.
- Serve over the noodles garnished with crushed peanuts and spring onions (green onions).
For some interesting information about Dan Dan noodles, please click here.
I hope you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot Dan Dan noodles. Please take a look at some of my other Chinese inspired recipes:
- Instant pot shrimp fried rice
- Instant pot chicken lo mein
- Instant pot broccoli and beef
- Instant pot chicken fried rice
- Instant pot orange chicken recipe
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.