My instant pot shrimp fried rice is just as nice as from your favourite restaurant and much healthier. It's really simple to make and you are sure to enjoy.
Instant pot shrimp fried rice
My instant pot shrimp fried rice is just as nice as from your favourite restaurant and much healthier. It's really simple to make and you are sure to enjoy.Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil I used sunflower oil, but olive, coconut or rapeseed oil would also be good.
- 2 tbsp Butter I used salted.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 200 g Carrot (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 500 g Basmati rice (washed and drained)
- 200 g Sweetcorn - drained (tinned or frozen)
- 200 g Frozen peas
- Season to taste
- 454 g Shrimp (prawn) Raw and frozen.
- 500 ml Water (cold)
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 4-6 Medium Eggs Gently beaten together
- Add the oil and butter to the instant pot and set to saute.
- When the oil is hot add the onion and carrot. Fry for around 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic.
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold water until the water runs clear (around 1 minute). Add the rice and cook for around 1 minute. Add the shrimp (prawns), sweet corn and peas.
- Add the cold water and put the lid on the instant pot. Set on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for 10 more minutes and then perform a quick release. Remove the lid.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and fish sauce. Stir well together.
- Set the instant pot to saute and then push the rice to one side and add the eggs. Scramble them together and then stir into the rice.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 1154mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 9233IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2mg