My instant pot bacon mac and cheese is perfect comfort food. Really easy to make and super tasty, but forget the diet for a day!
Instant pot bacon mac and cheese
My instant pot bacon mac and cheese is perfect comfort food. Really easy to make and super tasty, but forget the diet for a day!Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 250 g Bacon (chopped into pieces)
- 500 g Macaroni
- 2 tbsp Butter I used salted.
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 3 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 800 ml Chicken stock Vegetable would be OK.
- 400 ml Milk I used semi-skimmed (2%)
- 400 g Cheese (grated) I used cheddar.
- 100 g Parmesan (grated)
- Season to taste
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute.
- Cut the bacon into roughly 2cm (1inch) pieces. Add to the pot and cook until crispy. remove and set aside.
- Add the Macaroni, butter, paprika, garlic, chicken stock and milk to the pot. Stir together and deglaze the pot if necessary. Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for a further 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid. Add the reserved bacon and stir in the cheese. Season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 984kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 1216mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1204IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 780mg | Iron: 2mg