If you only make one of my curry recipes, I would strongly recommend my instant pot chicken biryani. The best I’ve ever had!
Instant pot chicken biryani
If you only make one of my curry recipes, I would strongly recommend my instant pot chicken biryani. The best I've ever had!
- 500 g Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsb Ghee Coconut or olive oil would be OK.
- 100 g Cashews
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 6 Whole Cardamom pods
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 whole Cinnamon stick
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Chili (roughly chopped)
- 6 cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Ginger (fresh and roughly chopped)
- 700 g Chicken thigh (skinless and boneless)
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Season to taste
- 500 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock or water would also be good
- 1 Bunch Coriander (cilantro)
- Add the ghee to the pot and set to saute. When the oil is hot add the cashews and fry until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Now add the cloves, cardamom pods, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Roughly chop the onion and add to the pot. Fry for around 5 minutes. Add the chili, garlic and ginger and fry for another minute.
- Now chop the chicken into bite sized pieces and roughly brown.
- Add the paprika, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric and cumin. Mix to coat the chicken and season to taste.
- Add the rice, but do not stir. Roughly chop the stalks of the fresh coriander and add along with the chicken stock.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for another 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and serve with a garnish of the fried cashews and coriander leaves.
Please follow and like us: