My instant pot baked potatoes are so much better than from the microwave and quicker than using the oven. Fluffy inside with perfect crispy skins. Made using the instant pot crisp, but they can also be made in any of the instant pot pressure cookers.
Our family love baked potato and they make a perfect side dish to so many recipes.
For this recipe, I have used the air fryer lid, but you can make baked potatoes in the instant pot without one by following these instructions:
- Add the low trivet to the pot with around 300ml of cold water (it has to be cold otherwise the cooking time will change).
- Put your cleaned potatoes onto the trivet (I have managed 6 medium-sized potatoes, but you can do as many as you want as long as they are in one layer).
- Place the lid on the instant pot in the sealing position and set on high pressure for the following times:
Small potatoes – 10 minutes
Medium potatoes – 12 minutes
Large potatoes – 15 minutes
- For all sizes, leave for 10 minutes after the time is up before doing a quick release.
- If you want the potatoes to have crispy skins, remove them and cover with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt before cooking in an oven at 200c (400f) for around 10 minutes.
With butter, cheese and tuna
With butter and prawns in Marie Rose sauce
With butter, baked beans and cheese
With butter and cheese
Instant pot baked potatoes
- Instant pot crisp
- 6 Medium Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Using kitchen roll, coat the potatoes in olive oil and then sprinkle salt all around them.
- Put the potatoes on a low trivet and add to the instant pot.
- Put the air fryer lid on and set to bake for 40 minutes (turn halfway through).
- When the time is up, carefully remove the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!