My instant pot bang bang shrimp (prawn) is super quick, tasty and mostly made from store cupboard ingredients.
Instant pot bang bang shrimp
My instant pot bang bang shrimp (prawn) is super quick, tasty and mostly made from store cupboard and frozen ingredients.Print Pin Rate
- 500 g Spaghetti (dried)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil Olive oil would also be good.
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 900 ml Water Cold
- 100 ml Mayonaise
- 100 ml Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce Franks hot or similar would also work.
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 50 ml Lime juice
- 454 g Prawns Cooked or uncooked
- 4 Spring onions (green onions) - chopped Chives would also be good.
- Season to taste
- Break the spaghetti in half and layer into the instant pot.
- Add the oil and garlic. Season to taste. Add the water.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, mix together the mayonaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, paprika and lime juice.
- Leave the instant pot under pressure for 2 minutes before carefully performing a quick release.
- Tease apart any stuck together spaghetti with a fork and then add the prawns, sauce and spring onions. Season to taste.
- Set the instant pot to saute and cook for around 4 minutes (if using raw shrimp, cook until they turn pink).
- Serve straight away and enjoy.
Another recipe made during the covid19 lockdown period. I had all the ingredients for my instant pot bang bang shrimp either in the store cupboard or freezer and so no shopping was required. The results was really tasty and its one of the easiest recipes I've ever made.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 989mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 3mg
Thanks for sharing this recipe. Looks nice. It is particularly ideal during this Lockdown period! I love prawns and you can add them to most dishes. They can be easily cooked and stored in the freezer which is great. Can't wait to give this recipe a try. I don't think I will add the carrots though. I might add some leafy greens and see what happens!
Hi Tosyn. I would also usually serve with broccoli or spinach, but they were not available so carrots it had to be. I hope you enjoy the recipe.