My Instant pot creme brulee is so easy to make with guaranteed perfect results every time.
Instant pot creme brulee
My Instant pot creme brulee is so easy to make with guaranteed perfect results every time.Print Pin Rate
- 6 Large Egg yolks
- 100 g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract You could use fresh vanilla in which case ½ a pod would be good.
- Pinch of salt
- 400 ml Double Cream (heavy)
- Add the cream, vanilla and salt to a pan and gently warm to around 75C (165F). Alternatively use a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for around 60 seconds. You dont want the cream to boil - it just needs to be warm enough so that it does not split the eggs.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to a separate bowl. Add around 2 tablespoons of the warmed cream and whisk in. Slowly add the remaining cream whilst whisking. Mix together well.
- Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins and cover tightly with foil.
- Put 200ml (1cup) of water into the instant pot followed by the trivet. Now add the ramekins (its OK to stack them if they don't fit).
- Set the instant pot on LOW pressure for 8 minutes. When the time is up, leave under pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and carefully remove the ramekins to a cooling tray.
- Once cooled, remove the foil and chill the ramekins for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight (they will keep in the fridge for around 3 days).
- When you are ready to serve, remove the ramekins from the fridge and add 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Shake gently to distribute evenly.
- Either melt the sugar using a kitchen blow torch (hold around 5cm - 2inches away and gently heat in a circular motion for around 2 minutes) or place on a baking tray under a hot grill (broil) for around 3 minutes - turn regularly until the sugar is bubbling and golden.
- Serve straight away and enjoy.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 276mg | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1225IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe for Instant pot creme brulee.I thought it would be too difficult to make, but after reading your recipe, I am more confident to give it a go. I bought my instant pot before Christmas and I'm looking for some good recipes. I'm happy I found your website - you have so many good recipes to try, I'm sure I'll be better at it when I follow your recipes and steps for each recipe! Thanks again.
Thanks Alejandra. I'm sure you will love it.