My instant pot beef plov is a perfect mix of spiced rice and melt in the mouth beef. All cooked in a fraction of the time on the stove.
Instant pot beef plov
My instant pot beef plov is a perfect mix of spiced rice and melt in the mouth beef. All cooked in a fraction of the time on the stove.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Olive oil Most vegetable oils will work.
- 908 g Stewing beef (cubed)
- 500 g Brown rice
- 2 tbsp Butter I used salted.
- 2 Medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 Medium Carrots (julienned)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 Whole Bay leaves
- Season to taste
- 700 ml Beef stock (hot)
- 1 Whole Garlic bulb (cut in half horizontally)
- 1 Bunch Parsley to garnish Optional
- Add the oil to the instant pot and brown the beef in batches (add more oil between batches if necessary). Set aside.
- Whilst the beef is browning, rinse and drain the rice. Set aside.
- When the last of the beef is removed, add the butter followed by the onion and fry until softened (around 3 minutes).
- Add the carrots, paprika, cumin and bay leaves. Season to taste. Fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the pot. Stir everything together and then add the rice (do not stir again)
- Push the 2 halves of garlic down into the rice (cut side down) and gently pour the stock over the top (try not to disturb the rice).
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 30 minutes. Leave under pressure for another 15 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and remove the garlic. Squeeze the garlic into the rice and then stir everything together.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Calories: 662kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 1197mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7759IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 6mg
Leave a Reply