Welcome to my recipe for instant pot American goulash. A super simple one-pot meal that's guaranteed to please.
Instant pot American goulash
Welcome to my recipe for instant pot American goulash. A super simple one-pot meal that's guaranteed to please.Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Olive oil Most vegetable oils will be good.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 Whole Celery sticks (roughly chopped)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- Season to taste
- 600 g Minced (ground) beef Turkey mince would also work well.
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Basil
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Red pepper (chili) flakes
- 3 Whole Bay leaves
- 1 Whole Pepper (roughly chopped) Any colour.
- 700 ml Beef stock Chicken or vegetable stock would be ok.
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce Add extra Worcester sauce if you don't have any.
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 500 g Macaroni Penne or conchiglie would substitute well.
- 400 ml Tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 200 g Tinned sweetcorn
- 100 g Cheese (grated)
- Add the oil to the instant pot and set to saute. Add the onion and fry for around 4 minutes.
- Add the celery and garlic and fry for another minute. Now add the beef and roughly brown. Season to taste.
- Now add the paprika, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and bay leaves.
- Add the chopped pepper, stock, Worcester sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and macaroni. Stir well together (try to push the macaroni down into the liquid).
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree. Do not stir.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 4 minutes. Leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Add the sweetcorn and cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and stir through (around 1 minute).
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 766kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 857mg | Potassium: 1075mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 652IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 5mg