Welcome to my recipe for instant pot chicken curry. Perfect for a weeknight meal when you feel like something spicy.
Instant pot chicken curry
Welcome to my recipe for instant pot chicken curry. Perfect for a weeknight meal when you feel like something spicy.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Ghee Coconut or vegetable oil would also be ok.
- 2 Medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Chili (roughly chopped)
- 10 Whole Cloves
- 6 Whole Cardamom pods
- 3 Whole Bay leaves
- 700 g Chicken breast (diced) Thigh would also work.
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Season to taste
- 400 ml Tinned tomatoes
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Bunch Coriander (cilantro) To garnish.
- Add the ghee to the instant pot and set to saute. When its hot add the onions.
- Fry the onions for around 10 minutes and then add the garlic, chili, cloves, cardamom pods and bay leaves. Fry for another minute.
- Now add the chicken and all the dried spices. Coat the chicken with the spices and season to taste.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the coconut milk. Stir everything together and put the lid on. Set to manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for a further 8 minutes before removing the lid.
- Set the pot to saute and remove approximately 3 tbsp of the liquid to a bowl. Add the cornstarch and mix together. Now add the mixture back to the pot and stir together. Bring to the boil in order to thicken the sauce.
- Stir together and serve with a garnish of coriander.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 913mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 5mg