My instant pot easy rice pudding is so much quicker than traditional cooking. Its easy, creamy and super easy.
Instant pot easy rice pudding
My instant pot easy rice pudding is so much quicker than traditional cooking. It's creamy and super simple to make. Easily my favourite rice pudding recipe.Print Pin Rate
- 250 g Rice (ideally short grain)
- 100 g Sugar I used light brown, but granulated or castor would be fine.
- 800 ml Milk (whole)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Optional
- 1 tbsp Butter I used salted. If using unsalted just add a pinch of salt.
- Rinse the rice under cold water in a sieve until the water runs clear (about 1 minute).
- Add the rice, sugar, milk and cinnamon (if using) to the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for a further 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the butter.
- Serve and enjoy.
There you have it - the absolute simplest rice pudding you will ever make. I used pudding rice which I think is mostly a UK product, but any short-grain rice such as arborio will work well. I have even used long grain and basmati and both still work well. You can add a pinch of nutmeg if you like or maybe a few raisins. Vanilla is also a nice addition, but the recipe is great just the way it is.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 274IU | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 2mg