My instant pot easy rice pudding is so much quicker than traditional cooking. Its easy, creamy and super easy.
Instant pot easy rice pudding
My instant pot easy rice pudding is so much quicker than traditional cooking. It's creamy and super simple to make. Easily my favourite rice pudding recipe.Print Pin Rate
- 250 g Rice (ideally short grain)
- 100 g Sugar I used light brown, but granulated or castor would be fine.
- 800 ml Milk (whole)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Optional
- 1 tbsp Butter I used salted. If using unsalted just add a pinch of salt.
- Rinse the rice under cold water in a sieve until the water runs clear (about 1 minute).
- Add the rice, sugar, milk and cinnamon (if using) to the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for a further 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the butter.
- Serve and enjoy.
There you have it - the absolute simplest rice pudding you will ever make. I used pudding rice which I think is mostly a UK product, but any short-grain rice such as arborio will work well. I have even used long grain and basmati and both still work well. You can add a pinch of nutmeg if you like or maybe a few raisins. Vanilla is also a nice addition, but the recipe is great just the way it is.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 274IU | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 2mg
Thanks for your recipe for instant pot easy rice pudding. Your instructions will help me to not make any mistakes. I am going to suggest that my sister makes this dessert for me.
I also read your previous recipe for Instant pot chocolate cake and it sounds delicious. I have bookmarked your site and look forward to also reading your other recipes.
Hi yoge, I'm sure you will love it and your correct - the chocolate cake is delicious!
Hey that’s a great recipe you have there. Thanks for sharing. Your simplified version of instant pot rice pudding is awesome. I can not wait to try it. I am only a beginner cook, but I think I should be able to manage this. I noticed in your video that you added vanilla seeds, but I only have essence - will this be ok? Thanks again for such an easy recipe.
You don’t need to add vanilla at all if you don’t want, but 1 tsp of essence would be fine. I’m sure you will enjoy it.