My instant pot chocolate bread pudding is a decadent, fudgy delight which is both moist and light.
Instant pot chocolate bread pudding
My instant pot chocolate bread pudding is a decadent, fudgy delight which is both moist and light.Print Pin Rate
- 100 g Cocoa powder Unsweetened.
- 50 ml Coffee (strong and cold) Optional.
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract Optional.
- 300 ml Single cream (half and half for USA)
- 50 ml Milk I used semi-skimmed (2%), but whole or skimmed would be fine.
- 6 Medium Egg yolks
- 100 g Sugar I used light brown, but white or dark sugar would be good.
- 5 Slices White bread Around 4 cups.
- 100 g Milk chocolate (semi sweet) Break into small pieces.
- Add the cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla, cream, milk and egg yolks to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the sugar and whisk into the mixture.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and then chop into roughly 2cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Add around ⅓ of the bread to a bowl that will fit into the instant pot. Now add around ⅓ of the chocolate mixture and the milk chocolate.
- Continue layering and push the bread down into the chocolate sauce.
- Cover the bowl with tin foil.
- Add 300ml (1.5 cups) of cold water and the trivet to the instant pot. Carefully lower the bowl into the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set on high pressure for 30 minutes. leave under pressure for a further 10 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Serve and enjoy.
We served ours hot with ice cream, but cream would also be nice. Alternatively, the pudding can be chilled and served cold. To make it even more decadent, try buttering the bread - delicious!
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Reply