My Instant pot keema is an amazingly versatile and easy recipe to make. if you don't like or don't have some of the ingredients it's really easy to find simple swaps. I made this recipe during the covid 19 lockdown period as it fitted with the ingredients in my fridge.
Instant pot keema
- 2 tbsp Ghee Vegetable or coconut oil would also be good.
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 5 Cardaman pods
- 1 Stick Cinnamon Ground would also work - use 1tsp.
- 1 Chili (roughly chopped) Chili powder would also work - use 1tbsp of mild.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 25 g Ginger (finely chopped) Ground would be fine - use 1 tsp.
- 2 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 908 g Minced meat I used turkey thigh and breast, but beef, lamb or chicken would be fine.
- Season to taste
- 4 Tomatoes (roughly chopped) 1 tin of chopped tomatoes would also work.
- 100 ml Water
- ½ Head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 100 g Frozen peas
- 1 bunch Coriander (cilantro) To garnish
- Add the ghee or oil to the instant pot and set to saute.
- When melted add the cumin seeds, cardamom pods, cinnamon and chili. fry for around 1 minute.
- Add the onion and fry for 4 more minutes, before adding the garlic and ginger. Fry for another minute.
- Add the garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric and cumin.
- Add the minced meat and roughly brown. Season to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, water, cauliflower and peas. stir well, before putting the lid on and setting on high pressure for 4 minutes. leave under pressure for another 10 minutes before performing a quick release.
- Remove the lid and serve with a garnish of coriander (cilantro).