My instant pot seafood stew is full of flavour and its a great way to add fish into your diet. It’s really simple and quick to make.
Instant pot seafood stew
My instant pot seafood stew is full of flavour and its a great way to add fish into your diet. It's really simple and quick to make.
- 3 tbsp Olive oil Coconut or sunflower oil would also be good.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped) Red or white.
- 5 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Bay leaves
- 100 ml White wine Optional - add 100ml extra stock if not using.
- 700 ml Fish stock Vegetable stock would also work.
- Season to taste
- 100 g Sundried tomatoes
- 400 g Tomatoes (tinned)
- 454 g Potatoes (diced)
- 908 g Fish
- 300 g Shellfish mixture Optional
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika, bay leaf and white wine. Cook until the alcohol evaporates (around 2 minutes).
- Add the fish stock and season to taste. Now add the sundried tomatoes and tinned tomatoes.
- Add the potatoes and stir into the liquid. put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for 6 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the fish pieces and shellfish mix.
- Cook until the fish flakes apart (around 5 minutes) and then add the lemon juice.
- Stir to combine and serve at once.
For the fish, I used haddock, bassa and shellfish mix. They were all purchased frozen and then thawed out. You could use any mix of fish you like and I'm sure the results will be just as good.
Please follow and like us: