My instant pot spaghetti Bolognese is a perfect one-pot meal. Full of flavour and a real family classic.
- Instant pot
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 200 g Bacon bits
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 Medium Carrots (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp Basil (dried)
- 454 g Minced (ground) beef
- 2 Whole Bay leaves
- Season to taste
- 100 ml Red wine Optional (if not using add extra stock).
- 500 g Spaghetti (snapped in half)
- 600 ml Beef stock Vegetable stock would be ok.
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 80 g Parmesan (grated) - split in half
- Set the instant pot to saute and when it's hot add half of the olive oil.
- Add the bacon bits and fry until crispy.
- Now add the rest of the olive oil followed by the onion and carrot and fry until softened (around 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic, basil and oregano followed by the beef mince. Roughly brown the beef.
- Now add the bay leaves and season to taste. Deglaze the pot if necessary.
- Add the wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate (around 1 minute).
- Snap the spaghetti in half and layer into the pot. Now add the stock, fish sauce, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree (DO NOT STIR). Push the spaghetti down into the liquid.
- Set the pot on high pressure for 6 minutes. leave under pressure for another 6 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Add half the parmesan and stir everything together and make sure to tease any stuck together spaghetti apart.
- Serve garnished with the remaining parmesan and enjoy.
Calories: 792kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1441mg | Potassium: 1006mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3716IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 5mg