My instant pot white chicken chili is a perfect mix of creamy chicken and will be perfect for an easy nutritious meal.
Large amounts of shredded chicken, delicious cannellini beans and cream cheese make for a perfect easy chili.
My creamy instant pot white chicken chili is so easy to make, its sure to become a regular family meal. Its the perfect dump and go recipe leaving you to get on with the rest of your life.
The chili will be fairly mild, but if you prefer it more spicy just add another whole chili or use a stronger chili powder.
How do you make instant pot white chicken chili?
Just add chopped onion, garlic and chili to the instant pot (no need to saute), then add sweetcorn, chili powder, cumin, cannellini beans, chicken breasts and stock. Season to taste and put the lid on the instant pot. Set on high pressure for 15 minutes and when the time is up leave under pressure for another 15 minutes before doing a quick release. Remove the lid and stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice and coriander (cilantro). Serve straight away or use the keep warm function if you want it later.
What to serve with creamy instant pot white chicken chili?
There are lots of different ways to serve your chili. I prefer mine served over rice, but my family like it best served with warm tortillas, sour cream, cheddar cheese and guacamole. It's also great served over a baked potato. Many people would also serve with cornbread. You can even add some nacho's if you want. It really is a very flexible meal. Whichever way you serve, it's always better with coriander (cilantro).
Is this easy instant pot white chicken chili healthy?
Yes! My creamy instant pot white chicken chili is packed with nutritious and healthy ingredients. It's soy-free, gluten-free and contains no artificial colours, sweeteners or preservatives. it contains no sugar and all the ingredients are healthy.
Tips for instant pot white chili chicken
- I used cannellini beans, but almost any beans would work fine. Great northern beans are a perfect substitution.
- Any leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and it will freeze well for around 6 months. Like all chili's, I promise you it will taste even better when reheated as the flavours develop even further.
- I used chicken breasts, but boneless, skinless thighs would also work. just add 2 minutes to the time under pressure.
- For this recipe, I used the 8l (8qt) instant pot, but I have also made it in the 6l (6qt). if you have the 3l (3qt), I would suggest halving the recipe.
- If you want to mix it up a little, try adding mushrooms or peppers. you could also use turkey or even pork instead of chicken.
- This chili is perfect to make ahead and then re-heat when needed.
- If you want the chili to be thicker, just set the pot to saute after removing the lid and simmer until the desired consistency is reached.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Chili (roughly chopped) Remove the seeds if you like it mild.
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 200 g Sweetcorn Tinned or frozen.
- 2 tsp Chili powder I used mild.
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 800 g Cannellini beans (drained)
- Season to taste
- 600 g Chicken breast
- 200 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock would also be ok.
- 200 g Cream cheese
- 100 ml Sour cream
- 1 Whole Lime (juiced)
- 1 Bunch Coriander (cilantro)
- Add the onion, chili, garlic, sweetcorn, chili powder, cumin and beans to the pot. Season to taste and then put the chicken breasts on top.
- Add the stock and put the lid on the instant pot. Set on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Leave under pressure and then do a quick release if necessary.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Add half of the coriander (cilantro), sour cream, cream cheese and lime juice. Stir together.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you like my recipe for instant pot white chicken chili recipe, please take a look at some of my other great chicken recipes:
- Instant pot chicken teriyaki
- Instant pot chicken tikka massala
- Instant pot Chinese chicken
- Instant pot chicken burritos
- Instant pot alfredo chicken
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.