My instant pot Spanish quinoa is a healthy and tasty meal. Easy and quick to make and a perfect alternative to rice.
Instant pot Spanish quinoa
My instant pot Spanish quinoa is a healthy and tasty meal. Easy and quick to make and a perfect alternative to rice.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion (roughly chopped)
- 100 g Chorizo (roughly chopped) Omit if making vegetarian/vegan.
- 2 Whole Peppers (roughly chopped) Any colour (bell peppers).
- 100 g Carrots (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Whole Chili (roughly chopped) Any colour.
- Season to taste
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 100 g Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 500 g Quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- 650 ml Vegetable stock Chicken stock would also work.
- 200 g Frozen peas
- 1 bunch Fresh parsley to garnish Optional.
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute. Once the oil is hot add the onion, chorizo, peppers, carrot, garlic and chili. Fry until softened (around 5 minutes)
- Season to taste and then add the smoked paprika, oregano, basil and turmeric.
- Add the tomatoes, quinoa and stock. Stir everything together and push the quinoa under the liquid.
- Put the lid on the pot and set on high pressure for 2 minutes. Leave under pressure for a further 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the frozen peas. Allow to heat through (around 2 minutes).
- Serve with the fresh parsley as a garnish.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 683mg | Potassium: 750mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7801IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 6mg
Leave a Reply