My instant pot sweet and sour pork is a restaurant-quality dish. Simple to make and much better value than your favourite take away.
Instant pot sweet and sour pork
My instant pot sweet and sour pork is a restaurant-quality dish. Simple to make and much better value than your favourite take away.Print Pin Rate
- Instant pot
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil Most other vegetable oils will be fine.
- 908 g Pork loin (diced)
- Season to taste
- 6 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 15 g Ginger (around a thumb-sized piece roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 100 ml Tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 100 ml Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 80 g Brown sugar
- 400 g Can pineapple chunks (reserve the juice) Unsweetened.
- 100 ml Pineapple Juice
- 1 Small Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 Whole Peppers (bell pepper) - roughly chopped Any colour.
- 500 g Rice (washed and drained) I used white basmati.
- 750 ml Cold water
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Sesame seeds To garnish.
- Add the oil to the pot and set to saute.
- When the oil is hot add the pork and roughly brown.
- Season to taste and add the garlic, ginger, chili flakes, ketchup, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce.
- Stir well to combine and then add the brown sugar, pineapple chunks/juice, onion and peppers
- Put a tall trivet in the pot and add the prepared rice with the water in a suitable container.
- Put the lid on the pot and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Leave under pressure for a further 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and the rice. Stir the sauce together. Set the pot to saute. Remove around 4 tbsp of liquid and add to the cornstarch in a small bowl. Mix well together and add back to the pot.
- Cook for around 3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken whilst stirring occasionally.
- Serve with the rice, garnished with sesame seeds.
Calories: 677kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 451mg | Potassium: 912mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 204IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg