My instant pot sponge pudding is guaranteed to satisfy even the sweetest of tooths. Golden syrup makes it even more delicious.
Instant pot sponge pudding
My instant pot sponge pudding is guaranteed to satisfy even the sweetest of booths. Golden syrup makes it even more delicious.
- 3 tbsp Golden syrup
- 100 g Butter I used salted
- 100 g Sugar I used golden castor
- 2 Eggs
- 100 g Flour (self raising)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 100 ml Milk
- Grease a bowl with butter and add 2 tablespoons of the golden syrup (make sure the bowl will fit in the instant pot).
- In a seperate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat the eggs and slowly add them to the butter mixture whilst mixing.
- Now fold in the flour and baking powder followed by the milk and the remaining tablespoon of syrup.
- Add the mixture to the greased bowl and cover with tin foil.
- Add the trivet to the instant pot.
- Put the bowl in the instant pot and fill with cold water to around half way up the bowl.
- Put the lid on and set for 40 minutes using the steam setting (40 minutes on saute with low heat would also be ok). Do not close the instant pot vent.
- When the 40 minutes is up, close the vent and set to manual, high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for 10 minutes and then perform a quick release. Remove the lid.
- Remove the bowl and take the tin foil off. Turn it upside down onto a plate.
- Serve and enjoy.
Please follow and like us: