Welcome to my recipe for the best instant pot beef stew. Full of flavour and so much quicker than the stovetop.
The best instant pot beef stew
Welcome to my recipe for the best instant pot beef stew. Full of flavour and so much quicker than the stovetop.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 700 g Stewing beef cut into 2cm (1 inch) chunks
- 2 Medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Medium Carrots (sliced)
- 2 Stalks Celery (sliced)
- Season to taste
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 500 ml Beef stock Vegetable stock would also be fine.
- 908 g Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 100 g Frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil to the instant pot. Now brown the beef.
- Remove the beef and add the onions. Fry for around 2 minutes and then add the garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Add the carrots and celery and season to taste.
- Add the Worcester sauce and stock. Put the beef back into the instant pot.
- Add the potatoes, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree. stir everything together and push the meat and potatoes into the liquid.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 40 minutes
- Leave under pressure for another 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Add the peas and stir together. Set the instant pot to saute.
- Remove around 2 tbsp of liquid to a small bowl and add the cornstarch. Mix well together and then add back into the pot. Stir well and cook until the sauce thickens (around 4 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 1689mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6922IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 6mg