Welcome to my recipe for the best instant pot beef stew. Full of flavour and so much quicker than the stovetop.
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 700 g Stewing beef cut into 2cm (1 inch) chunks
- 2 Medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Medium Carrots (sliced)
- 2 Stalks Celery (sliced)
- Season to taste
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 500 ml Beef stock Vegetable stock would also be fine.
- 908 g Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 100 g Frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil to the instant pot. Now brown the beef.
- Remove the beef and add the onions. Fry for around 2 minutes and then add the garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Add the carrots and celery and season to taste.
- Add the Worcester sauce and stock. Put the beef back into the instant pot.
- Add the potatoes, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree. stir everything together and push the meat and potatoes into the liquid.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 40 minutes
- Leave under pressure for another 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Add the peas and stir together. Set the instant pot to saute.
- Remove around 2 tbsp of liquid to a small bowl and add the cornstarch. Mix well together and then add back into the pot. Stir well and cook until the sauce thickens (around 4 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy.
Please follow and like us: