My instant pot feta pasta is probably the easiest dump and go recipe you will ever make. Ready in less than 30 minutes and gorgeous every time.
Based on the TikTok recipe that everyone seems to be talking about, but adapted for the instant pot.
How do I make Tik Tok feta pasta in the instant pot?
I have written some simple recipes before, but this one has to be the easiest I've ever seen.
Simply add all the ingredients to the instant pot in the order listed. Do not stir.
Now put the lid on and set on high pressure for 4 minutes. When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release. Once the pin has dropped, remove the lid and stir everything together.
The feta will still look whole, but it will soon collapse into a delicious sauce.
Now serve and enjoy your delicious and simple meal.
I made two versions by sprinkling on some crispy bacon pieces for the non-vegetarian members of my family and this was delicious as well.
What are the ingredients for instant pot feta pasta?
All the ingredients for the feta pasta should be easily found although I have heard due to the popularity of this recipe that there is a worldwide shortage of feta. Fortunately, there was plenty available in my local supermarket.
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pasta shapes (I used fusilli)
- Salt and pepper
- Chili flakes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Feta cheese
A really simple list and there are a few substitutions possible if you don't have everything.
Can I substitute any ingredients?
Although this is a very basic recipe, it is possible to use some substitutions.
- Instead of olive oil you could use rape seed (canola) oil.
- Any tomatoes should be OK, but you would need to chop larger ones before adding.
- I used fusilli pasta, but pretty much any shape will work.
- Chili flakes could be omitted if you don't like them.
- I used sugar, but honey would also be good.
- Fresh basil adds a nice taste, but dried would also be good. Use 2 tsp.
- Feta cheese is important to the recipe, but you could use vegan feta instead.
For all the variations above, the timings would remain the same.
What to serve with feta pasta
I served mine with broccoli, but any leafy green vegetable or a side salad would be good. I also diced and fried some bacon and served this as a garnish for the non-vegetarian members of my family.
Feta pasta is vegetarian, but can it be made vegan?
All the ingredients are vegan with the exception of the feta cheese. If you can find a suitable alternative vegan feta cheese then the meal can be vegan friendly.
Is Tik Tok feta pasta healthy?
For such a simple meal, the ingredients are surprisingly healthy. With only a minimal amount of added sugar and all natural ingredients, I would say that feta pasta is a good healthy choice.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SCALE THE RECIPE UP OR DOWN?
The recipe will fit in well to all instant pot sizes as it is, and will also half well for all pots especially the 3l (3qt). You could double the recipe in the 6l (6qt), 8l (8qt) and 10l (10qt). Whichever you do, all timings would remain the same.
Instant pot feta pasta
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 500 g Cherry tomatoes
- 500 g Pasta shapes
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced or finely chopped)
- Season to taste
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tsp Sugar Honey would also be good.
- 800 ml Boiling water
- 25 g Fresh basil leaves (roughly chopped) Save a few to garnish.
- 400 g Feta cheese
- Add all of the ingredients to the instant pot in the order listed in the recipe. Do not stir.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set it on high pressure for 4 minutes. When the time is up leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid, stir together and serve garnished with the remaining basil.
For any leftovers, they should keep for around 4 days in the fridge and for upto 6 months in the freezer. I usually reheat in a frying pan, but you could also use a microwave or the instant pot on sauté mode. Just ensure the food is piping hot before serving.
For some interesting information about feta, please click here.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot feta pasta, please check out some of my other dump and go recipes below:
- Instant pot chicken ziti
- Instant pot pasta puttanesca
- Quick easy instant pot spaghetti
- Instant pot chicken lo mein
- Instant pot honey lime chicken
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.