A delicious and moist instant pot apple and cinnamon cake, perfect served with a dollop of ice cream.
Instant pot apple and cinnamon cake
A delicious and moist cake, perfect served with a dollop of ice cream
- 300 g Apples (Cored and diced) Most eating apples will work.
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar White would be fine.
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 300 g Plain flour All-purpose in USA.
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 150 g White sugar I used granulated.
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 ml Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Large Eggs Room temperature.
- Core and dice the apples. Add to a bowl with the sugar and cinnamon. Toss together and set to one side.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and babing powder.
- In a separate bowl using an electric whisk, blend together the sugar, vanilla, oil, lemon juice and eggs.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Grease a 15cm (7inch) springform cake tin (I add parchment to the bottom as well).
- Add around half the batter to the tin and then add half of the apple mixture. Add the remaining batter and then the remaining apples. Cover the tin with tin foil.
- Add the trivet to the instant pot and then add 300ml (1 1/2 cups) of cold water.
- Make a sling using tin foil and use it to put the cake tin into the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 65 minutes. Leave under pressure for 20 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Carefully remove the tin from the instant pot using the sling. Leave to cool for around 15 minutes before removing the cake from the tin.
- Either serve straight away with a dollop of ice cream or cream. Alternatively leave to cool fully and sprinkle with icing (powdered) sugar.
This cake is very moist and should keep for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
Please follow and like us: