I made this recipe for instant pot ground turkey chili during the covid 19 lockdown. I used mostly store cupboard ingredients and the only fresh mince I had.
It turned out really good and my family really enjoyed it and I hope you will too.
Instant pot ground turkey chili
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil Olive oil would also work well
- 1 Large white onion, chopped Red onion would also be ok
- 4 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Whole Chili pepper Roughly chopped including seeds.
- 1 Pepper (chopped) Any colour will be good.
- 1 tsb Ground cumin
- 1.0 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 1 tbsp Dark chocolate powder
- 454 g Turkey (minced)
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 400 g Kidney beans Including liquid.
- 400 g Black beans Including liquid.
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- Seasoning to taste
- 100 ml Beef stock
- 100 ml Sour cream To serve.
- 1 Small bunch Coriander (cilantro) Roughly chopped to garnish.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté and add the coconut oil. When melted add the onion and cook until soft (approximately 4 minutes). Stir in the garlic and chili. Cook for around 1 minute more.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, parsley and chocolate. Cook for 1 more minute. Add the minced turkey and brown.
- Add the tomato puree, Worcester sauce, tinned beans, tinned tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the beef stock and stir well. Lock the lid and set to cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for 5 more minutes. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to quick release, then remove the lid. Stir well before serving.
- In our family, we usually serve with boiled brown or white rice, sour cream and some coriander (cilantro for our American cousins). My children prefer it to be served with wraps, guacamole and sour cream instead of rice.