If you like carrot cake and cheesecake, you're sure to enjoy my instant pot carrot cake cheesecake recipe.
Instant pot carrot cake cheesecake
A decadant mix of 2 favourite desserts.Print Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted) Vegetable oil or melted butter would also work.
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour I used plain (all purpose), but whole wheat would be good.
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Pinch Salt
- 50 g Walnuts (Chopped)
- 25 g Raisins
- 75 g Carrots (grated)
- 200 g Cream cheese I used an own brand, but Philadelphia would work.
- 2 tbsp Sugar (White)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Large Egg
- 100 g Cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Butter Softened
- 40 g Icing (powdered) sugar
- Pinch Cinnamon
For the Cheesecake mixture
- Using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, white sugar, vanilla extract, cornflour and egg.
For the Carrot Cake mixture
- Mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking powder. Add the walnuts, raisins and grated carrot. Fold together.
- Beat together with an electric mixer, the coconut oil, egg, sugar and vanilla. Blend together with an electric mixer. Add to the dry ingredients and fold together.
For the combined Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Grease or coat with non-stick spray, a 15cm (7-inch) springform cake tin. To further prevent the cheesecake from sticking I suggest adding a parchment round to the bottom.
- Pour approximately half of the carrot cake mixture into the cake tin.
- Pour approximately half of the cheesecake mixture to the cake tin.
- Add the remaining carrot cake mixture and then the remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Place a kitchen towel on top of the cake tin and loosely cover with tin foil.
- Place the trivet in the instant pot and add 300ml (1.5 cups) of cold water.
- Make a sling using tin foil and use it to lower the cake tin into the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 33 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake tin from the instant pot and place on a cooling rack. Remove the foil and kitchen towel and gently dab away any water from the surface of the cheesecake.
- Leave the cheesecake to cool completely.
- With an electric whisk beat together butter, cinnamon and icing sugar until it comes together and is smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and beat briefly until soft and smooth. Be careful not to overbeat or the cream cheese may split and become runny. Spread over the top of the cooled cake and decorate with walnut halves if desired.
- Refridgerate for 24 hours to allow the flavours to develop before serving (willpower required!).
For the more eagle eyed of my viewers, you may have noticed that the cheesecake leaked out of the spring form pan.Yes it was a bit of a disaster! Even so it did still taste really good and I will try to add another video of a successful cheesecake later. I have added cornflour to the cheesecake mixture now to make it thicker and also replaced my springform pan!
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2183IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg