Super easy and quick, vegetarian and vegan – what’s not to like!
Instant pot red lentil chili
Tasty, quick and easy vegetarian chili
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil Other vegetable oils would work well
- 1 Large Onion. Roughly chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic. Roughly chopped
- 1 Small Chili pepper. Roughly chopped Remove seeds if you want to reduce the heat.
- 2 Peppers. Roughly chopped Any colour.
- 100 g Carrots. Roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (dried)
- 1 tbsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 tbsp Paprika (smoked)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Chili powder I used mild, but if you like it more spicy hot would be fine.
- 75 g Dates. Pitted Approximately 12 Deglet Noor or 6 Medjool.
- 600 ml Water Save 400ml to add with the lentils.
- 800 g Tomatoes (tinned)
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 400 g Kidney beans (tinned)
- 4 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 200 g Red lentils
- Coriander (cilantro). Fresh and chopped To serve.
- Add the coconut oil to the instant pot and set to saute. Once melted add the onion and cook for around 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper and cook for a further minute.
- Add the peppers and carrots. Season to taste.
- Add the parsley, oregano smoked paprika, cumin and chili powder.
- Blend the dates with 200ml of water and add to the pot.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the coriander and stir well.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set to 10 minutes at high pressure. Keep under pressure for 10 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Serve over rice, baked potato or just as it is with the coriander as a garnish.
Please follow and like us: