My instant pot chicken korma recipe is a delicious, creamy and easy one to make. Restaurant quality and fully kid approved!
Instant pot chicken korma recipe
My instant pot chicken korma recipe is a delicious, creamy and easy one to make. Restaurant quality and fully kid approved!Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Ghee Vegetable oil would also be OK.
- 2 Medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 6 Whole Cardomam pods
- 1 tbsp Ginger (about a thumb-sized piece - roughly chopped)
- 1 Bunch Coriander (cilantro) stalks (roughly chopped)
- ½ tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp Chili powder I used mild.
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 908 g Chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces) Chicken thighs would also be good. Add 1 minute to the time under pressure.
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 250 ml Chicken stock
- Season to taste
- 100 g Ground almonds
- 200 ml Double cream
- 50 g Flaked almonds (toasted)
- 1 Bunch Coriander to garnish (cilantro)
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the ghee.
- When the ghee is hot add the onion and fry until softened (around 10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, cloves, cardamom, ginger and coriander stalks. Fry for another minute.
- Now add all the other spices followed by the chicken.
- Add the tomato puree and stock.
- Season to taste and put the lid on the instant pot. Set on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for a further 8 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Set the pot to saute and add the ground almonds and cream. Bring to the boil and then serve with a garnish of toasted flaked almonds and coriander.
To make toasted almonds, just put them on a baking tray in the oven at around 150c (300f) for around 1 minute. Remove them when they are gently browned (be careful as they turn fairly quickly). The first time I made this the instant pot gave a burn notice and so instead of adding the ground almonds with the stock I now add them with the cream and this has solved the problem.
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 883mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 975IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 4mg