My instant pot chicken pasta is another great weeknight meal. Really easy to make, super tasty and best of all loved by all my family.
Instant pot chicken pasta
My instant pot chicken pasta is another great weeknight meal. Really easy to make, super tasty and best of all loved by all my family.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Olive oil Coconut or vegetable oil would also work.
- 1 Medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 500 g Chicken breast (diced) Thigh would also be good
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- Season to taste
- 500 ml Pasta sauce
- 500 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock or water would also be OK.
- 500 g Pasta shapes
- 100 g Parmesan (grated)
- 50 g Parmesan (grated)
- 1 Slice Wholewheat bread
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Add the oil to the instant pot and set to saute. When the oil is hot add the onion and fry for around 3 minutes.
- Now add the garlic, chicken breast, oregano and basil. Cook until the chicken is browned.
- Season to taste and add the pasta sauce, stock and pasta. Push the pasta down into the liquid, but do not stir.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 4 minutes. leave under pressure for a further 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Stir in the parmesan and while its melting make the topping by blitzing the bread, cheese and butter together. Either sprinkle the topping onto the pasta and then air fry for around 3 minutes or remove the pasta to an ovenproof dish and add the topping before grilling (broiling) until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 656kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1108mg | Potassium: 924mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 658IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 345mg | Iron: 3mg