My instant pot chicken stew and dumplings recipe is a perfect mix of delicious chicken stew and perfect, comforting dumplings.
Instant pot chicken stew and dumplings
My instant pot chicken stew and dumplings recipe is a perfect mix of delicious chicken stew and perfect, comforting dumplings.Print Pin Rate
- 908 g Chicken thighs (skin and boneless) breast would also be OK.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 3 Medium Carrots (thinly sliced)
- 3 Medium Celery sticks (roughly chopped)
- 200 g Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- Season to taste
- 2 tsp Mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 100 ml White wine (optional) If not using add 100ml extra stock.
- 200 ml Chicken stock
- 2 Whole Bay leaves
- 454 g Baby potatoes (halved)
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 250 g Self-raising flour
- 125 g Butter (must be cold) I used salted.
- Add all the stew ingredients to the instant pot. Stir well together.
- Prepare the dumplings by adding the flour to a bowl and grating in the cold butter. Mix together gently with your fingertips until it forms a dough (use a splash of cold water if necessary). Divide into approximately 12 dumplings.
- Put the dumplings on top of the stew and put the lid on the instant pot.
- Set on high pressure for 10 minutes and leave under pressure for a further 10 minutes.
- Perform a quick release and then remove the lid.
- Either serve straight away or if you prefer your dumplings browned, use the air fryer lid on the broil setting for 5 minutes (alternatively grill - broil - in the oven)
Calories: 777kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 1237mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5988IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4mg
Leave a Reply