Welcome to my recipe for instant pot chicken teriyaki. Its sweet, sticky and super simple to make.
Instant pot chicken teriyaki
Sweet and sticky and super simple.
- 200 ml Soy sauce I would recommend low salt due to the large quantity.
- 150 g Honey
- 4 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 5 Cloves Garlic Crushed or finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Ginger Finely chopped
- 1 Kg Chicken thighs or breast Skin and boneless
- 4 tbsp Cornstarch
- 500 g Rice I used long grain white rice (not quick cook)
- Add the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, water, brown sugar, garlic and ginger to a bowl and whisk until combined
- Place the chicken into the instant pot and add the liquid.
- Place the instant pot trivet over the chicken. Add a bowl with the rice and 500ml (approximately 2 cups) of cold water. Set the instant pot on high pressure for 7 minutes and allow to remain under pressure for a further 9 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Remove the rice and fluff using a fork. Now remove the chicken and shred or cut into small pieces.
- Set the instant pot to saute. In a bowl mix the cornstarch with approximately 4 tablespoons of the liquid and whisk until it is free of lumps. Gradually add the cornstarch mixture back to the instant pot whilst whisking to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the instant pot and turn off. Mix the chicken into the liquid and serve over the rice.
Yet another super simple and tasty instant pot meal. If you arent comfortable cooking the rice using the pot in pot method, it is fine to cook this conventionally seperately. If you want to use brown rice, it won't work with the pot in pot method used in this recipe, but again, you could cook it seperately. We sometimes serve over quinoa for a change or even in bread buns. You may have noticed from most of my recipes that I love broccoli and it makes a great accompaniment to this meal.
Please follow and like us: