Welcome to my recipe for instant pot red beans & rice, which just happens to be my first vegan recipe.
It’s one of the simplest recipes I make, with only 5 ingredients.
Most of the ingredients are store cupboard staples and its also cheap to make if you’re on a tight budget.
Instant pot red beans & rice
- 500 g Dried kidney beans
- 500 g Brown rice
- 500 g Salsa
- 1/2 bunch Coriander (Cilantro) Stems and leaves
- 1.7 l Vegetable stock or broth
- Add the beans and rice to the instant pot.
- Add the vegetable stock to the mixture and stir well.
- Finely chop the coriander (cilantro) stems and add to the pot together with the salsa. Do not stir again.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set the sealing valve. Cook on manual, high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow to remain at pressure for 10 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Serve straight away with the remaining coriander leaves as a garnish.