Welcome to my recipe for instant pot mushroom risotto.
If you are put off from making risotto because of the effort and constant stirring, then this is the recipe for you.
Instant pot mushroom risotto
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter I used salted.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Thyme Dried.
- 800 g Chestnut mushrooms (roughly chopped) Button mushrooms would also be good.
- Season to taste
- 500 g Arborio rice Long grain or basmati rice will also work well.
- 100 ml White wine Optional. Add extra stock if not using.
- 750 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock could also be used to make the meal vegetarian.
- 2 Hand fulls Spinach Washed.
- 200 g Frozen peas
- 75 g Parmesan (grated)
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the butter. When melted, add the onion and soften for around 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Now add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes (stirring occasionally). Season to taste.
- Add the rice and cook until it turns clear (around 1 minute).
- Now add the wine if using and cook until the alcohol evaporates (around 2 minutes).
- Add the stock and stir together. Now put the lid on and set the pot on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and add the spinach and peas. Allow to wilt for a couple of minutes and then stir through the parmesan. Add the remaining tbsp of butter and when its melted, stir into the rice.
- Serve straight away and enjoy.
If you are making the recipe vegetarian, just replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock and make sure to use a vegetarian parmesan.. In addition you could replace the butter and use extra olive oil and use vegan cheese to make the recipe vegan.