Welcome to my recipe for instant pot mushroom risotto.
If your are put off from making risotto because of the effort and constant stirring, then this is the recipe for you.
Instant pot chicken risotto
Simple and delicious no-stir risotto. Made using left over chicken.
- 2 tbsb Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter Salted or unsalted to taste. I used salted.
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 5 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Thyme Dried
- 454 g Chicken (cooked)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g Arborio rice Long grain rice would be ok.
- 2 tbsp White wine Optional
- 800 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock would be fine.
- 200 g Peas Frozen
- 75 g Parmesan Grated
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter. When melted, add the onion and soften for around 3 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes (stirring occasionally). Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and white wine, cook for approximately 1 more minute whilst stirring continuously.
- Once the rice has absorbed the liquid, add the chicken stock, deglaze the pot if necessary and set the instant pot to 3 minutes on high pressure. Allow to rest for 4 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Stir in the peas and add the remaining tablespoon of butter. Allow to warm through for approximately 2 minutes and then add the parmesan until melted.
- Serve straight away and enjoy.
There you have it. The simplest and in my opinion restaurant quality risotto. All done with minimal effort and no constant stirring. My family also enjoy variations of this meal. A couple of examples would be either with chorizo added after the onions or with prawns or spinach added at the same time as the peas. I added the chicken after the quick release in the video, but I think it would be better to do this before bringing up to pressure.
Please follow and like us: