My instant pot clotted cream is just as good as anything you will try in Devon or Cornwall and will make your scones taste extra delicious.
I made this recipe during the coronavirus lockdown when ingredients were hard to find.
Instant pot clotted cream
- 600 ml Double cream (heavy cream)
- Add the double cream to the instant pot (or use pot in pot to reduce the size of container in the fridge later).
- Put the lid on the instant pot (no need to seal).
- Use the yoghurt setting to first boil the cream and then leave warm for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the cream and leave to cool for around 1 hour.
- Cover and leave to cool in the fridge for around 12 hours.
- Remove any liquid whey which will have formed (you can use this to make your scones beautiful and rich).
- Your clotted cream is ready. It should keep for around 4 days in the fridge and any you don't use will freeze well for up to 6 months.