My instant pot Korean beef is packed full of flavour. Sure to please all the family and really easy to make.
Instant pot Korean beef
My instant pot Korean beef is packed full of flavour. Sure to please all the family and really easy to make.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1.3 kg Stewing beef
- 5 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 15 g Ginger (roughly chopped). Around a thumb-sized piece
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 100 ml Soy sauce
- 100 ml Beef stock
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce Other hot sauces will also work
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 whole Bok choy (diced)
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Whole Spring onions (green onions) - chopped To garnish.
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds Optional to garnish.
- Add the oil to the instant pot and set to saute. Chop the beef into bite-sized pieces and add to the pot. Roughly brown the beef.
- Now add the garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, stock, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sriracha. Season to taste and stir well together.
- Put the lid on the pot and set at high pressure for 20 minutes. leave under pressure for another 20 minutes and then do a quick release if necessary.
- Remove the lid and add the bok choy and set the pot to saute. Remove around 3 tbsp of liquid and add to the cornstarch in a small bowl. Mix together and then stir back into the pot. Bring to the boil and stir until thickened (around 3 minutes).
- Serve immediately over rice with the spring (green) onions and sesame seeds as a garnish.
Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 773mg | Potassium: 856mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 5mg