Our families number one go-to dessert. You are sure to make my instant pot lava cake recipe time and time again.
Instant pot lava cake recipe
Oozing chocolate filling in a rich chocolate sponge - delicious!Print Pin Rate
- 200 g Dark chocolate around 70% cacao. Chocolate chips would work.
- 150 g Butter I used salted, but unsalted would work if you add a pinch of salt.
- 4 Large eggs
- 100 g Brown sugar White would be fine.
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence Or paste.
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 100 g Plain flour All purpose for USA readers.
- 5 tsp Cocoa powder Optional
- Grease 5 x ramekin dishes with melted butter or cooking spray. Sift some cocoa powder on if desired.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second bursts. Stir and repeat until fully melted (you could also use the Bain Marie method).
- Add the eggs to a large bowl, together with the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well with an electric whisk or balloon whisk for around 1 minute.
- Slowly add the chocolate and butter mix to the egg mixture and then sift the flour in. Fold everything together carefully until you have a smooth chocolaty batter.
- Add equal portions of the mixture to the pre-prepared ramekins. Place the trivet in the instant pot and add 250ml of cold water. Place the ramekins on the trivet (if 5 won't fit put 4 in and balance the 5th in the middle).
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Perform a quick release and remove the lid (be careful not to drip water from the lid onto the cakes).
- Place the ramekins on a cooling tray and sift on some icing sugar if desired. Serve straight away
We like to serve our lava cakes with vanilla ice cream or with double cream for a touch of extra indulgence.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 408mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 957IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 7mg