My Instant pot New York cheesecake was inspired by a visit to New York last summer.
My whole family fell in love with this famous dessert. We especially liked the New York cheesecake at Junior's restaurant in Brooklyn (we loved all the food here except for the pickles which weren't quite to our English tastes!).
I hope you will enjoy my instant pot New York cheesecake just as much as Junior's. The recipe is written with the UK in mind, however US alternatives are provided.
Instant pot New York cheesecake
- 200 g Digestive biscuits Graham crackers are fine in the USA - add 1 tablespoon white or brown sugar in this case.
- ½ tsb Cinnamon
- 50 g Butter I used salted, but unsalted would work - just add a pinch of salt.
- 454 g Cream cheese Philadelphia or own brand would both work.
- 100 g White sugar
- 100 g Double cream At room temperature (heavy or whipping cream for the USA).
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Large Eggs At room temperature
- 100 g Sour cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Icing sugar Powdered sugar for the USA.
- Grease or coat with non-stick spray, a 15cm (7-inch) springform cake tin. To further prevent the cheesecake from sticking I suggest adding a parchment round to the bottom.
- Add the digestive biscuits (or Graham crackers) to a bowl and finely crumb (by hand or electric mixer). Add the cinnamon. Melt the butter and add to the crumbs. Mix until combined.
- Add the crumb mixture to the cake tin and press down well. Place the tin in the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
- Using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, double (heavy) cream, cornflour, lemon zest, salt and vanilla extract. Scrape the bowl as needed. Mix well for around 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat in gently. Do not over blend.
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and add the filling. Tap the cake tin to remove air bubbles. Place a kitchen towel on top of the cake tin and loosely cover with tin foil.
- Place the trivet in the instant pot and add 300ml (1.5 cups) of cold water.
- Make a sling using tin foil and use it to lower the cake tin into the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow to naturally release (around 20 minutes).
- Remove the cake tin from the instant pot and place on a cooling rack. Remove the foil and kitchen towel and gently dab away any water from the surface of the cheesecake.
- Whisk together the sour cream, vanilla extract and icing (powdered) sugar. Add to the hot cheesecake.
- Leave on the cooling rack for around an hour and then place in the fridge for a further 24 hours whilst the cheesecake develops its flavour.
If you like this recipe why not try my instant pot lava cake - equally delicious and a great way to satisfy those chocolate cravings.
I hope you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot New York cheesecake and I hope you will find plenty more useful resources on the website.
For some interesting information about cheesecake, please look at this information.
Please feel free to comment below if you need any further advice or if you have any constructive feedback. We would also love to hear about your experiences with the Instant Pot.
Leave a Reply