Full of flavour and budget-friendly. My instant pot mashed potatoes and bacon are sure to become a family favourite.
Instant pot mashed potatoes and bacon
Full of flavour and budget-friendly. These potatoes are sure to become a family favourite.Print Pin Rate
- 2.25 kg Potatoes Leave the skin on.
- 250 g Butter I used salted.
- 200 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock would also work well.
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 250 g Bacon (diced) I used smoked, but unsmoked would be fine.
- 250 ml Milk I used semi skimmed (2%), but full fat would be good.
- 200 g Soft cheese I used own brand, but philadelphia would work well.
- 125 ml Sour cream
- 3 tsp Chives (dried)
- 3 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 4 Spring (green) onions Roughly chopped
- 250 g Cheese (grated) I used Red Leicester, but most cheddar would be OK (save around 50g - 2tbsp, for the topping).
- Cut the potatoes into even-sized chunks and add to the instant pot. Add the butter and chicken stock. Season to taste.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to preheat at 190 C (370 F).
- Fry the chopped bacon until crispy whilst the potatoes are cooking.
- Leave the instant pot under pressure for another 6 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Add the milk, soft cheese and sour cream.
- Either mash with a hand masher or use an electric mixer
- Add the dried chives, parsley, onion and garlic powder and mash again.
- Fold in the crispy bacon, spring (green) onions and grated cheese.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake until the cheese melts thoroughly (around 20 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 1137kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 82g | Saturated Fat: 46g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 1048mg | Potassium: 1992mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3892IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 491mg | Iron: 4mg