Welcome to my gorgeous, super quick and reasonably authentic instant pot goulash recipe.
Instant pot goulash recipe
Gorgeous and speedy reasonably authentic Hungarian goulashPrint Pin Rate
- 125 g Butter I used salted.
- 2 Medium Onions Roughly chopped.
- 3 Cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Sweet paprika
- 908 g Stewing beef Cut into even bitesize chunks.
- 2 Peppers (any colour) Cut into small pieces.
- 500 ml Beef stock
- 400 g Tinned tomato
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 100 ml Sour cream To serve.
- Parsley (chopped) To garnish.
- Add the butter to the instant pot and set to saute. When melted add the onions. Cook for around 4 minutes and then add the finely chopped garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for 15 minutes and then do a quick release if required and remove the lid.
- Stir well and set the instant pot to saute. Remove approximately 4 tablespoons of liquid and add to the cornstarch. Mix together and add back to the pot. Stir in well continuosly until the sauce is thickened (around 2 minutes).
- Serve over either, pasta, rice or potatoes. Add a dollop of sour cream and garnish with the parsley.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 1133mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2679IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 5mg