My instant pot mashed potatoes are super easy to make. They mash quicker than stovetop and come out much more creamy.
Instant pot mashed potatoes
My instant pot mashed potatoes are super easy to make. They mash quicker than stovetop and come out much more creamy.Print Pin Rate
- Instant pot
- 6 Whole Medium potatoes
- 1 tbsb Butter I used salted.
- 100 ml Milk i used semi-skimmed (2%).
- Season to taste
- 2 tbsp Sour cream Optional.
- Add the low or high trivet to the instant pot and then add around 300ml of water.
- Peel the potatoes and put them on the trivet (no need to dice).
- Put the lid on and set at high pressure for 12 minutes. Leave under pressure for another 12 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the potatoes and the trivet. Drain off the water.
- Add the butter and milk. Set to saute and allow the butter to melt.
- Once the butter is melted, put the potatoes back in and roughly mash. Season to taste and add the sour cream if using.
- Continue to mash until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 22mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg